Why I start most—but not all—replies with “In reply to,” you ask? So that the few folks following me via RSS would know what the heck I’m going on about.
Notes tagged: indieweb
Just set up a #micropub media endpoint, and figured out how to get Indigenous to always use it. Up next: set up the back end so that a single photo uploaded thru a Micropub post also becomes that post’s Featured Image.
Nothing in this world is certain, except the death of social media sites and taxes.
- Own your content on Social Media using the IndieWeb
In reply to.
Here’s something I hadn’t seen in a while: a published blog post of which the (RSS) date is a couple months into the future.
- Building a social reader that’s sort of prepared …
Looks like Yarns is getting syndicated URLs wrong, and shows all
u-syndication URLs on an h-feed page rather than just the one(s) for a specific h-entry.
Building a social reader that’s sort of prepared to take on all sorts of edge cases and plain faulty feeds … is hard. (Kind of limited by what X-Ray, which handles the actual parsing, spits out, too. No need to reinvent that wheel. Just looking for a pleasant reading experience.)
So, if you’re adding a
p-name class to your microformatted note’s
e-content, feed readers, it seems, are going to consider it an article.
Suddenly seeing more than one broken image named “Array” in my “h-feed” timeline. Looks like a WordPress (plugin) thingy.
In reply to.
channel_source pivot column values across channels, which isn’t perfect but works. I’d prefer a
source_user pivot table instead of having everything tied to channels first (and use channels as taxonomies, really). But that would be a major change, and baby steps and all.
- In reply to https://jan.boddez.net/notes/d66f3eab22. Also, while I know …
In reply to.
Also, while I know the idea is to manage all of this from within a client app, I just spent a Saturday afternoon making it darn easy to copy and move sources from and to different Aperture channels, because that’s were I actually handle these things. (Because my client of choice—which I was thinking of somehow integrating into the service instead—just isn’t there, yet.)
- In reply to https://jan.boddez.net/notes/5b2b850bb4. During this first attempt …
I’m adding an Unread “channel” to my Aperture fork and for a moment there did not know how to stop the pagination cursor from using the order entries are added to a channel—I’m specifically not looking at one channel! And then I figured it out. I’m already ordering entries on date published rather than date added anyway, and because entry IDs are unique, ever-increasing integers, I can use those rather than “order added.”
Finally spent some time creating a profile over at https://indieweb.org (and sure hope I didn’t do anything wrong), and it sort of bundles the different remarks, thoughts and what not I’ve been having on all things IndieWeb, and on my personal site.
Spent some time last night cleaning up the way my social reader displays reposts.
Slowly adding site URLs to all of my Aperture feeds, so that I’ll eventually be able to again properly sync my blogroll.
Alright. Been tweaking my Aperture install a bit, so this post’ll serve as a bit of a test.